What is a Tire Rotation?
To help prevent one or more of your tires from wearing down too rapidly, regular tire rotations should be performed according to the maintenance schedule for your particular make and model. This service can help prolong the life of your tires, saving you time and money in the long run. What’s more? Tire rotation service is important for maintaining traction, preventing blowouts, and improving fuel economy. If you want your tires to operate safely and last as long as possible on Vineland roads, regular tire rotations are an easy way to achieve this.
What Does it Mean to Rotate Tires?
What is tire rotation, exactly? During this process, tires are moved from one position on a vehicle to another. For a majority of vehicles, the front tires will move to the rear and the rear tires will move to the front. They may also change sides depending on the recommended tire rotation pattern for your car, truck, or SUV. Here are a few tire rotation basics to keep in mind:
- Most cars carry more weight at the front, so it is likely that your front tires will show signs of wear sooner. However, your vehicle’s drivetrain also affects the rate at which each tire wears down.
- If you have a front-wheel drive vehicle, engine power is distributed to the front axle and wheels to produce forward motion. With this drivetrain, the front tires will wear down faster than they would in rear-wheel drive, all-wheel drive, or four-wheel drive vehicles.
- The drivetrain of your vehicle also affects the tire rotation pattern, which is designed to ensure that no tire wears down too fast compared to the whole set of tires.
Benefits of a Tire Rotation
- Maintains Traction: When tires wear down, they lose tire tread depth. If your tires do not have enough tread, it can compromise their performance on the roads of Washington Township and beyond. Preventing uneven tire wear helps ensure that all tires have the same amount of tread.
- Prevents Blowouts: As tires begin to deteriorate, the more likely a blowout is to occur. Tire blowouts are not only scary, they can be dangerous as well.
- Improves Performance: Tires with an uneven wear pattern can cause vibration that can be felt in the steering wheel.
- Maximizes Efficiency: Worn tires create drag, and this can lead to higher fuel consumption.
Trust Volkswagen of Salem County for Top-Notch Tire Care
A tire rotation is recommended every 5,000 to 7,500 miles–essentially at every scheduled service interval. Keep in mind that this may vary based on your make and model, so it is a good idea to consult your owner’s manual to see what the automaker suggests. If it is time for a tire rotation, set up an appointment at Volkswagen of Salem County. You can also contact us with any questions.
More from Volkswagen of Salem County
The Volkswagen ID.4 EV has been generating a lot of buzz in the automotive industry, and it’s not hard to see why. The 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 reviews from industry experts highlight its spacious cabin, impressive range, and advanced features. At Volkswagen of Salem County, we’re a fan of the Volkswagen ID.4 EV and we know there is so…
If you live around Monroeville and are looking for a stylish new SUV with plenty of room for your family and gear, the 2021 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport configurations are worth exploring. The 2021 VW Atlas Cross Sport trim levels provide a wide range of comfort and convenience features to make those long drives to Vineland…
When you get behind the wheel of the Volkswagen Arteon, you can enjoy luxurious amenities for an affordable price. Its sleek fastback design and turbocharged engine make this model a standout on Vineland roads, but you don’t have to break the bank to drive this incredible model. Learn more about the Volkswagen Arteon price…