Volkswagen Jetta Warning Lights
While commuting on the roads of Vineland, you may have noticed that one of your Jetta dashboard lights is now on. What should you do? Don’t panic! If the light is yellow, it is not an immediate issue, but you should set up an appointment at the Volkswagen of Salem County service center to have the cause inspected. If you see a red Jetta dashboard light, it is highly recommended that you call for assistance. When it is safe to do so, pull over to the side of the road before placing the call. To help you have a better idea of what the Volkswagen Jetta warning lights mean, we have created this simple guide.
A Guide to the VW Jetta Warning Lights
- Antilock Braking System Malfunction: This light and the brake light will turn on when there is a problem with the antilock braking system.
- AdBlue® Level Warning: This light could be telling you about a problem with the AdBlue® system. It could also just mean that your vehicle is in need of a refill. If you also see a wrench icon, it could show system problems or that it was not filled with standard AdBlue®.
- AdBlue® No Restart Warning: This red warning light lets drivers know that there is not enough AdBlue®. You will not be able to restart the engine.
- Airbag Problem: If this light is on, it could mean an issue with the belt tensioning system. It could also indicate that the passenger airbag has been deactivated.
- Automatic Transmission Malfunction: If this light goes on, you will want a mechanic to take a look at the transmission.
- Brake Light Bulb Failure: When this light is illuminated, one or more of the brake lights are not functioning as they should.
- Brake Pad Wear: You will need to inspect your brake pads if this light is on. The brake pads may need to be replaced.
- Bulb Failure: When this light is solid and yellow, it is a sign that a bulb is not working. With a flashing light, it is an indication of a problem with the headlight leveling or AFS.
- Coolant Level Low/Coolant Temperature High: When this red warning light is on, stop your vehicle when safe and inspect the coolant level.
- DRL: This light does not show a problem. It is simply showing that the daytime running lights are on.
- DSG® Transmission Too Hot: If this red light is on, it is best to stop driving as soon as you can. You will need to let the transmission cool down.
- Parking Brake: When this red Jetta dashboard light is on, it indicates a problem with the parking brake.
- Engine Malfunction (On-Board Diagnostics): If the yellow engine emission malfunction light is on, it is time to set up a service appointment.
- EPC – Exhaust Gas: If the engine is not working properly, this yellow light may go on. You should make an appointment to have the car looked at by a professional.
- ESP/ASR: When this yellow light is solid, the system is inactive. When there is an ESP/ASR event, the light will be flashing.
- Fuel Cap off or Missing: If the fuel cap is not on or it is loose, this light could go on.
- Hood Open: If this red light is on, check to make sure that the hood of the vehicle is not open.
- Immobilizer: This yellow light will let you know if you are trying to use the wrong key or the key is not programmed to this specific vehicle.
- BX-32 License Plate Bulb Failure: When your license plate bulbs are out, this light will let you know.
- Low Fuel Level: Your car needs gasoline if this yellow light is on.
- Oil Pressure: If a red oil can and a yellow pressure light are both on at the same time, there is no oil pressure. Turn the engine off when you can.
- Oil Level Low: If your vehicle does not have enough oil, you will see this Jetta dashboard light.
- Rain Sensor Malfunction: When you see this light, attempt to turn the ignition off and on again. If the light does not go off after doing this, it may need to be looked at by a professional.
- Shift Lock: If this green light is on, it is an indication that you should apply the brake to shift the vehicle into gear.
- Steering: This yellow light indicates an issue with the steering column. A solid yellow solid shows that power steering assist has been cut back. If it is yellow and flashing, it could show a problem with the electronic steering column lock. If it is red and solid, power steering assist has failed. When the light is flashing and red, the electronic steering column lock is malfunctioning.
- Tire Pressure Low: This yellow light shows you when the TPMS is not working the right way or that tire pressure is low.
- Washer Fluid Low: This yellow light tells you if more washer fluid is needed.
Set Up Service at Volkswagen of Salem County
When you know the Volkswagen dash light meanings, you can have a better idea if your vehicle requires immediate service. When these lights are illuminated, make sure you set up a service appointment as soon as you can. We want to make sure you are driving safely around Millville. Contact us today if you have any questions. We have your schedule for VW maintenance.
More From Volkswagen of Salem County
The 2021 Volkswagen Atlas is the latest and greatest three-row SUV from VW and offers the usual VW mix of great value and incredible amenities. If you’ve got a family in Vineland, this SUV should definitely be on your list. Why? The 2021 Volkswagen Atlas interior is one big reason why, contributing to a comfortable…
Interested in the dynamic new VW Jetta, but curious as to which fits your Vineland commute better? Most drivers are pretty familiar with how the Jetta stacks up against its competition like the Nissan Sentra, but a detailed examination of the trim levels truly reveals how remarkable the VW Jetta is. New standard features across…
Volkswagen is known for its originality, and that does not stop with the Volkswagen Golf GTI. Move over leather and redundant fabric seats, a plaid pattern is in town. The Volkswagen GTI offers plaid seating, a unique option for a classic car. The idea of adding Volkswagen GTI seats originates from the past. Let’s travel…